Personal safety, with loads of human interactions, the incidence of violent crime related to Oxford Locals is extremely low.
- Nevertheless, please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
- When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center.
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Be especially careful buying/selling high value items.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
When a seller says he is away or cannot be reached, but she he is happy to ship the item, do not continue
Taking these simple precautions helps make Oxfordlocals safer for everyone.Trust your instincts.
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources: